Sunday, March 10, 2013

What I'd rather wear


Because I like to cut hair, that puts me squarely in the "Beauty Industry," which, frankly, includes a lot of subjectivity. Also, because I live in New York City, one of the capitals of Fashion itself, uhh... how to put this ... some of it is ugly. I don't find it beautiful or inspiring. If I wanted to wear something uncomfortable that I didn't like ... well...
I don't know what my company actually does!

It seems like the crazier, weirder, and more awkward the design, the more people are going to rave about how much they love it.
Please click this picture and look at the hilarity that unfolds

Reminds me of that I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel go to Paris and fall in love with the fashion over there. Their husbands feel like they've gone off the deep end and are enjoying something that is ridiculous. As a trick, Ricky and Fred (the loving husbands), make their wives "gifts" of burlap sacks and buckets, and tell the ladies that these are the latest looks. The ladies are awed and wear the "clothes" in public. They don't think they look stupid until their husbands reveal their joke: it's not fashion, it's a burlap sack.

Well, now, Melanie ... exactly what would you wear? 
I'm glad you asked.

If money weren't an issue and if I weren't self-conscious at all, you could catch me in any of the following looks:

hard to work in

also hard to work in, but AWESOME

just... where is my time machine, because this is precious!
Are you freaking KIDDING ME?? I'd never take this off.

Realistically speaking, because I have to move and interact with human beings throughout my day, I'd very much like a style similar to the following:
It's cute, girly, and comfortable enough that I won'd be thinking about my pajamas 2 hours into the day. So please, fashion people, no more shoes on the head or gas masks as accessories ... can we just lay off the hallucinogens and design something that won't make me hide under a sheet before going out in public?


No comments:

Post a Comment