Sunday, September 4, 2011

Changes for Melanie pt. 2

As it turns out, when I don't update for a while, lots of stuff happens. Perhaps this is an accumulation, or maybe so much is going on that I don't have time to write. (My poor novel knows all about that!)

Bollywood themed entry
At school, I participated in an up-do competition and lost. But it got a lot of positive attention, which I enjoyed.

Additionally, learning more cuts and color theory is making my head explode, so I decided to stop commuting from Philly to NY every day and rented a room. It sucks very much being away from home, but the extra hours of sleep I get are making it worthwhile (I think). Not sure if I'll ever get used to the sheer volume of people in New York (I've never liked crowds).

The long weekend is the perfect time to get some writing done since I've promised myself not to think about hair in these three days (except for the little bit I wrote in the paragraphs above).

Still no release date for The Morning After (with Untreed Reads), so I'll continue to keep you updated as I learn more. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get some work done on Awake, which is taking forever. This is either going to be my best story every, or I'll waste so much time on it I'll fail to get anything else written and ruin my career before it gets started. In the meantime, though, I'm taking notes on all the crazy city behavior I'm witnessing on a daily basis and saving it up for something spectacular. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah the great 'unknown masterpiece' paradox. At this point I'll settle for being famous after I'm dead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing life - you will get so much data for your novels that you will not know how to narrow it all down !!! Keep up your spirits and you will be able to look back to see how much you have accomplished. Very, very proud :)

    ReplyDelete