Sunday, July 24, 2011

For my lovely German readers...

Eichstätt
Eichstätt changed something in me. Everyone I've ever known who spent time in Europe came back in love. Though it's now been 8 years since I was there, I still think about that little town as the ideal place to live--the place against which I compare every city.

I recently acquired German citizenship, and some people are more excited about it than others. Some don't understand why it's important to me at all. I like the laid-back lifestyle and the friendliness of the people. The streets aren't littered with trash and don't reek of urine. The trains are clean, well lit, and connect everywhere.  Not to mention, everywhere in Europe is easily accessible for a nice weekend vacation!

So if people don't share my enthusiasm, it's their own business. I love my new country, and can't wait to move there.

No comments:

Post a Comment