Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The End = The Beginning


Just hanging with Nick
Preparing for my graduation at Arrojo Cosmetology School has me full of mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm excited to be on my way to getting a job I'm actually going to love (not tolerate--LOVE) ... to be able to do something with my hands that will make me happy to go out every morning. On the other hand, I've made some great friends at the school, and I feel like I could work in the student salon forever with the way we get along. Unfortunately, in about a week, we'll say goodbye.

It's crazy that the 7 months I've spent here have gone by so fast, and yet it's almost like I've been doing this my whole life. ... Like working in all those offices never happened.

So what's next for me? Not sure yet. The moment I get snagged by the best salon in town, I'll let you all know so you can come get a gorgeous haircut from me.

Meanwhile...

I've been editing like crazy on The Silent Treatment, getting it ready for whatever is next. Also starting to brainstorm about future volumes in the series -- and if that isn't a good use of my subway time, I don't know what is.

1 comment: